Stations & Apparatus
Central Fire Station is located at 728 E Ferguson Road, in front of Dellwood Park.
Station 2 is located at 1902 N Jefferson, directly across from Titus Regional Medical Center.
- Quint 1 - 1996 KME 1500 GPM pump with 75 foot aerial ladder, 400 gallon tank, Spartan 6 man cab, 900 feet of 4" hose.
- Engine 1 - 2002 Pierce 1500 GPM pump with a 1000 gallon tank, 900 feet of 4" hose.
- Engine 2 – 2003 Pierce 1500 GPM pump with a 2000 gallon tank and 900 feet of 4" hose.
- Rescue 1 - 2008 Pierce Rescue/Pumper with a 1000 GPM Pump and 500 gallon tank. It carries auto extrication equipment, high angle rescue gear as well as confined space rescue equipment.
- Brush 15 - 1996 Dodge 4-wheel drive grass truck with a 200 gallon tank.
- Brush 17 - 1999 Ford 4-wheel drive grass truck with a 220 gallon tank
- Brush 18 – Ford 4-wheel drive grass truck
- Tanker 1 - 1992 Ford with a 1500 gallon tank and 2000 gallon folding tank.
- Truck 9 & Plow - 350 John Deere bulldozer and transport truck for plowing fire lines on wildland fires.
- Boat 1 - 16 foot flat bottom boat with a 35 horse power motor used for water operations
- Chief's Truck - 2008 4 wheel drive Ford F150. It is equipped with multiple radios, Global Positioning System, carries HAZ-MAT reference material, 800/700 MC9,UHF & VHF radios, and a Gateway Computer.
- C-2 – Ford F-250 equipped with multiple radios, a Global Positioning System, carries HAZ-MAT reference material, 800/700 MC9,UHF & VHF radios, and a Gateway Computer.
- C-3 – Ford F-150 equipped with multiple radios, carries HAZ-MAT reference material, 800/700 MC9,UHF & VHF radios, and a Gateway Computer.
- Mobile Communication/Command Post. This vehicle contains a communications rooms equipped with UHF, VHF, 800 and 700 MEG Radios programmed to communicate with area Fire, EMS, Law Enforcement, Public Works resources.
- Antique 1936 Ford/Boyer Fire Engine - Antique fire truck that has been restored and is used in fire prevention programs and parades.
History of the 1936 Ford/Boyer Fire Engine
This 1936 Fire Engine was purchased by the City of Mount Pleasant on August 17, 1936. The truck was manufactured by Ford Motor Company and assembled by Boyer Fire Apparatus Company. The purchase price of the truck was $3,450 paid in three equal installments of $1,150 each. The truck was officially accepted by Mayor E.M. Lide and City Council Members J.D. Holland, F.W. Stephenson, and Frank Henderson after it was driven to the corner of North Jefferson Avenue and West 12th Street, connected to a fire hydrant at that location, and tested.
The truck was in full-time service until the early 1960s when it was retired and replaced by a newer unit. The truck remained a backup unit for several years before being removed entirely from active service. The truck was stored in or near the fire station until about 1978, when it was moved outside to make room for additional trucks as the fire department grew.
In 1996, the truck was moved to the City Fleet Shop where restoration began and was completed by members of the Fleet Services Staff in early 1998. City employees involved in the restoration were Bobby Reese, Bill Brockman, Perry Ryan, Ronald Duncan and Jim Carroll. Current value is estimated at $22,000.