DUTIES OF THE CITY SECRETARY’S OFFICE INCLUDE:
- Development of City Council agenda packets and posting of agendas
- Attendance at all City Council meetings, taking minutes and recordings of proceedings
- Preparing minutes and maintaining the official council minute book
- Insuring that all ordinances are published when necessary and codified in a timely manner
- Coordinating all City elections with the County Elections Administrator
- Processing public information requests
- Maintaining all contracts, deeds and other official documents of the City of Mount Pleasant
- Maintaining the official City Seal and attest all official documents
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to access government records. Review the Public Information Act below for the procedures to file an Open Records Request. Use the Open Records Request form to make a request for information and records. A charge may apply to your request.
Public Information Act (PDF)
Open Records Request (PDF)
USEFUL EXTERNAL LINKS:
The following are external links and will open in a new window. These links are provided as a courtesy and the City does not control the content.